The CCP certification program is directed toward senior level personnel in the information processing industry.
- Pass required examinations at 70% or better.
- Pass the IS Core plus any two specialty exams. Exam list.
- At least 48 months of full-time experience (or part-time equivalent) with direct experience in computer-based information systems.
- Subscribe to the ICCP Code of Ethics, Conduct and Good Practice.
The 48 months experience need not be consecutive or in a single position.
- data processing systems
- teaching computer based information systems
- Systems and programming experience gained while employed by computer equipment manufacturers, service centers, management consulting firms or educational institutions
- Clerical, data-entry or experience gained in connection with formal class work
Academic Alternatives for Experience
Candidates having less than 48 months work experience may substitute postsecondary academic work for up to 24 months of experience on the following basis, provided official transcripts of academic work are submitted to ICCP:
- 24 months Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in information systems or computer science.
- 24 months Associate Computing Professional (ACP) certification.
- 18 months Bachelor’s or graduate degree in related area including accounting, business, engineering, mathematics, sciences or statistics.
- 12 months Bachelor’s or graduate degree in non-related area.
- 12 months Associate degree or diploma (2 year program) in information systems or computer science.
The maximum credit for academic alternatives toward the experience requirement shall not exceed 24 months.
Other ICCP Designations-
CDP-Certified Data Processor - Issued since 1962 - ICCP members with the CDP quailfy* for the CCP. Contact the ICCP office for confirmation.
CSP-Certified Systems Professional - Issued since 1984 - ICCP members with the CSP quailfy* for the CCP. Contact the ICCP office for confirmation.
*some restrictions may apply